Thursday 26 October 2017

Research on Existing Psychological Thriller Trailers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byXgz1gOjAw

I used this YouTube clip to discover the top 10 best psychological thrillers as this gives me an insight to what basic conventions this specific genre includes. Also, it allows me to take inspiration from the films featured to use in my own trailer.

To widen my range of research on psychological thrillers I searched the top 5 on IMDb...
    • Se7en (David Fincher, 1995) is listed as the most impactful and well made psychological thriller due to having such an intriguing narrative and an all star cast of Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Kevin Spacey. 
    • The Silence of the Lambs (Jonathan Demme, 1991) is listed second best because it is a "genuinely scary yet nuanced film" -Johnny Smac review.
    • Memento (Christopher Nolan, 2000) listed as third greatest as the director had little help.
    • The Shining (Stanley Kubrick, 1980) is the fourth best due to directors outcome.
    • Oldboy (Chan-woo Park, 2003) listed fifth as it is more than just a revenge thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment